In 1896, a Hindu by the name of Swami Sadhu Shugan Chandra convened a conference of Great Religions at Lahore. A committee was appointed to oversee the arrangements. The representatives of each religion were required to write on the following five topics on the basis of their Holy Books.
1. The physical, moral and spiritual states of man.
2. The state of man after death.
3. The object of man’s life and the means of its attainment.
4. The operation of the practical ordinances of the Law in this life and the next.
5. Sources of Divine knowledge.
The Promised Messiahas was also invited to represent Islam, though the Promised Messiahas could not attend himself, he did however write a detailed essay in urdu on the philosophy of the teachings of Islam. He had foretold that Allah the Almigthy has informed him that his essay will be superior and most overpowering.
The Promised Messiahas had appointed Hazrat Abdul Kareem Sialkotira his companion to deliever the lecture. Hazrat Abdul Kareem Sialkotira was a brilliant orator. The paper as per the prophecy excelled all others in its merit. Many positive reviews were published in various newspapers and journals. The essay was later translated into english by Hazrat Chaudary Sir Zafrullah Khanra. (Read More)